Home E-mail Us Get in Touch with Us

background_top_1

Why Save Water?

Currently, 600 million people face water scarcity. Depending on future rates of population growth, between 2.7 billion and 3.2 billion people may be living in either water-scarce or water-stressed conditions by 2025: The terms 'stress' and 'scarcity' do not take into account physical access to water sources, or the quality of the water, or the irregularity of availability due to droughts and storms, or seasonal change. Instead, the terms give an indication of the close relation between population dynamics and renewable freshwater availability.

A lack of clean water effects health, development, economy, agriculture, education, employment, productivity, and so much more.  Predictions are that the demand for water will outstrip supply by 2025. While the water crisis is massive, there is still hope.

As water becomes less accessible, South Africa will need to look at more efficient ways to use and recycle water. The current worldwide trend towards the use of recycled water in major urban applications shows great promise and is increasing as the cost of potable water climbs and treated water becomes more accessible.

Did you Know: Only 30% of all freshwater on the planet is not locked up in ice caps or glaciers. Of that, some 20% is in areas too remote for humans to access and of the remaining 80% about three-quarters comes at the wrong time and place - in monsoons and floods - and is not always captured for use by people. The remainder is less than 0.08 of 1% of the total water on the planet.

The Map below indicates the current freshwater situation world wide:

world_freshwater

 

background_bottom_1

 

 

 
                                   Water 360  © 2014